About The Team
Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the driving force behind SwiftXccess platform. From building a modern payment processing platform to creating an real-time payment flows, our tech team is at the heart of everything we do. Working in Engineering at SwiftXccess is not about fixing legacy systems it is about building world-class financial products from the ground up that will be used by millions. We’ve hired some of the most talented developers out there to help us do this and we want you to join them.
About the Role
SwiftXccess is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help our Malta-based cross functional teams design, develop and maintain our payments platform and the applications that reside on it. The ideal candidate has a drive to engineer high-quality solutions to complex problems. Experience in steering engineering teams’ growth through mentorship is a definite plus.
What you’ll do
- As a senior member of a cross-functional team, drive the delivery of high quality software, while ultimately being accountable for their code quality, providing constructive feedback and motivation to this end
- Lead the planning and design of product and technical initiatives
- Drive improvements in engineering techniques, standards, practices and processes across the entire department, always encouraging a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in our software and its development infrastructure and project delivery process
- Identify and propose strategies for technical problem solving, while actively participating in guilds and community of practice teams and initiatives to shaping our technology roadmap
What you should bring along
- You have 5+ years of experience engineering software and can communicate ideas and solutions with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have a delivery mindset, embrace Agile values, and demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and engineering practices and processes
- You have extensive knowledge of Java based server-side/backend technologies (Spring, Hibernate, JOOQ), are comfortable with frontend technologies (Angular and React)
- You love test-driven development that emphasises well-written unit and integration tests, and champion best engineering practices
- You have experience or familiarity with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, MySQL and NoSQL (Mongo) databases, implementing and consuming APIs, documenting API specs (RAML and OpenAPI), microservices and tools like Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker and Kubernetes
London, England or Remote and available during Business Hours; This role is open to remote work as our teams are distributed. We are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
SwiftXccess is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.